1) Your partner and relationship feels like a dream?
2) He repeats “I can not live without you?”
3) You have just met and you are discussing marriage.
4) He idolizes you. You are afraid of disappointing him.
5) He makes your relationship public without your consent.
6) He feels jealous and insecure when you look at or talk to other men. He casts doubts on you.
7) He makes impractical demands, wants you to be an ideal woman or partner like how you should dress, talk, act…
8) He believes men and women have different roles and rights.
9) He feels outraged and slighted at minor issues. You spend more time in placating him and explaining his behavior to others. For example, he is good at heart its the stress at work/school that is bothering him.
10) When angry he breaks and throws things.
11) He comes from a violent family where one or both parents had violent fights and used violent disciplining.
12) Every now and then he has differences with his family. There is constant drama in his family.
13) Blames others for his problems, “so and so instigated me,” “you made me do this.”
14) For all his problems, mistakes and defeats he holds others responsible generally the world. “The vicissitudes of life have made me bitter.”
15) You refrain from expressing your views because you fear upsetting your partner.
16) You participate in those activities that do not interest you or bore you because you fear expressing your dislike and saying “no.”
17) Asks you to have sex to prove your love for him.
18) You can not express your views without fear of adverse repercussions.
19) You feel helpless that you cannot please your partner in anyway.
20) He drinks and abuses drugs.
21) Pressures you to keep the relationship a secret.
22) After emotionally and physically abusing you he asks for forgiveness and buys you gifts to make up.
23) You fear on ending the relationship he’ll blackmail you, sully your reputation or commit suicide.
If you have answered “yes” to even some of the statements be aware you have stepped into an abusive relationship.
These are all signs of an abusive personality.